Today was the primary program, and it was the sweetest presentation that I have ever seen. All of the kids did an excellent job, but I was particularly pleased with my children. In fact, they brought tears to my eyes more than once. The girls wrote their own parts and Braden memorized his part and gave it all on his own. Here is Braden's:
My name is Braden Jon. I was named after my Grandpa Jon who died when I was little. I am thankful for temple blessings so that I can see him again somed
I have been missing my dad quite a bit lately, and it was so sweet to see my little son who is like his grandpa in so many ways talk about meeting him and being an eternal family.
Allison sang a solo and did an amazing job. She has spent a lot of time working with the other kids and making sure that they knew all of the songs, and her hard work paid off because Braden actually sang (at some point) on every song. Allison also sang right out and could be heard on every song. It was so reminiscent of when she was little and could be heard above everyone else. Of course now it was much more polished.
Savanna was terribly nervous giving her part. I didn't insist that she memorize hers as she is still overcoming her timidity, and I didn't want to compound the pressure. She did make it through her part, but it was read as quickly as possible, and you could tell that she was nervous. I was completely surprised, however, when she sang one of the songs with the other girls in her class. She knew the song very well and sang right out. I was very happy for her that she conquered her fear at least in some small way.
Camden went shopping with me yesterday, and he is a very good little shopper. We stopped by the Dollar Store to pick up a few items for our upcoming trip, and Camden latched on to a package of



Your kids did shine at the program, and I noticed Allison singing out, too, which I love. It was so good to finally see Dryden. He is adorable:)
ReplyDeleteThese are so sweet, what a neat post. I enjoyed our Primary Program this year too - it was Sydney's first and she's been talking about it for two years already! (she's that lovely January baby that missed Sunbeams last year even though she was just about the same age as the other kids she is around). Anyway, she was so excited about it and did such a great job - kids are so perfectly sweet, what great reminders to the rest of us!
ReplyDelete