Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beauty and the Beast




It just happens that Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie, and it just so happened that I found a screaming deal on last minute tickets to see the musical which I must say was AMAZING!!! What made it even better was that I had an afternoon out with my two sweet girls. We had the BEST time ever. We took daddy's new car and made a special trip out of it. We rocked out to our favorite tunes on the way. I find it amusing and disconcerting all at the same time that Allison's favorite song is "Beer for my Horses." It's a pretty funny song, but still...

We had a few minutes before the play started that the girls got to play in the little reflecting pool. Perfect for cooling off in the Texas sun.

The Winspear Opera house is absolutely gorgeous which added to the ambiance of the experience. The girls were practically dancing in their seats. I'm not sure if that was from excitement from the play or in anticipation for the chocolate covered strawberries that we ordered as our intermission treat! (Side note: Those little strawberries were $8, and I think that the poor cashier felt sorry for us and gave us an extra one so that we would each have one!) We all did have to move to some extent to keep from turning into popsicles. It was FREEZING in there! Everything about the production was outstanding: the costumes, the acting, the sets, the music. We can't wait to go again. Allison discovered that the Blue Man Group is coming over her birthday. Too bad the tickets are $185 each for the nose bleed seats. Probably no chance of finding a screaming deal on those.


No comments:

Post a Comment