Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ramblings of the hormonally Insane!

Since I am relegated to sitting in my recliner again today, why not blog?! I'm sure that blogging is akin to journaling which is definitely an approved Sabbath day activity, right?

Our weeks are all pretty much the same right now--school work, piano and a whole lot of chores (for the kids, not me). They have all been really good troopers. The bulk of the housework has fallen to them, and with only nominal complaining they have done an excellent job. They have even been moderately useful in the garden, and Savanna is showing off our first orange watermelon. It was very very tasty, and since these are heirloom seeds, we are looking forward to eating these beauties year after year! I am very grateful to have such good helpers.

Friday was a wonderful day. I didn't have to use my cane at all that day. I was in high hopes that it would continue and my hip issues would be behind me. To no avail, however, as with the dawn of Saturday so dawned the renewal of hip pain. It is surprising to me that whatever ails me seems to ail all of the children as well. My cane is constantly wandering off because someone's leg hurts, and they just can't make it anywhere without my cane. It is pretty amusing. So here, against my better judgment, is me at 7 1/2 months pregnant sporting my walking cane and weighing one less pound than I did a month ago!

Only 6 weeks to go, and we have absolutely nothing ready for the baby. I like to think of our family as generally being prepared for just about any situation, but as far this one goes we are severely lacking. The baby has no name--in fact it gets even worse than that. Brent and I are trying to buy the other person off for naming rights. We have never had such a disagreement. Normally we just can't decide. This time we are at definite odds. Even beyond the name the poor little guy has no clothes, no bed, no carseat. . . the list could go on and on I'm afraid! I know that all of these things are lurking somewhere up in the attic, but I can't get up there to them, and they just don't seem to be coming to me at my beck and call. So we may be sorely unprepared for something that we have known is coming for 9 months! Wouldn't that be ironic!

2 comments:

  1. You are one cute pregnant lady - even with the cane! I think I only looked that cute with my first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna, you are adorable! I hear you on not feeling prepared. We decided on a boy name a couple of months ago but then I changed my mind on the middle name and we had to come up with something else like the week before he came. We also didn't have everything ready and still don't because of the big move from TX to UT. It'll all somehow come together. However, to speed it along, tell Brent to get his butt to the attic!

    ReplyDelete