Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dinosaur World and Dinosaur Valley

We decided to play hooky from all of our work and school responsibilities and play in Dinosaur Land.  We love Dinosaur Valley and I had purchased some tickets to Dinosaur World which just happens to be right next door--imagine that!  We started at Dinosaur World.  The kids were very excited.  We had the place entirely to ourselves.  In fact, I think that it was just us and the gift shop clerk!  The kids all enjoyed themselves.  I was really glad that we had gotten the tickets for half price because it was highly over-rated and incredibly cheesy in my opinion.





Not exactly sure what giraffes have to do with dinosaurs...but...oh well...


After we had had our fill of fossils and large, plastic, brightly painted dinosaurs we headed off to Dinosaur Valley.  There are fossilized dinosaur prints in the river beds.  That is much more amenable to our scientific minds ;).  This state park is definitely one of our favorites, and we would spend a lot more time here if it weren't quite so far, but it takes over 1.5 hours to get there!  We had a little picnic and went for a little hike.  It wasn't as long of a hike as anyone would have liked simply because I was being a party pooper.  That tends to happen when I'm pregnant!



Enjoying the view...

My little buddy who is always willing to take a break with me!








No comments:

Post a Comment