Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jet Packs and Jesus

As promised, Camden has reminded me of all of the funny little sayings from the past couple of weeks. So here we go--all compliments of a three year old mind.
1. Periodically we have to tell Camden not to do certain things to Dryden or not to give certain small things to Dryden because, in simple terms, he will die. This simple logic, unfortunately, doesn't hold much sway with Camden, and here is why: "It's okay if Dryden chokes and dies because in three days he will go to heaven and live with Jesus." Well, my response obviously to this was (ignoring the whole three day waiting period) that we don't want Dryden to go to heaven yet because we would miss him and be so very sad. Camden, once again not holding much stock in what his mother says, responds, "When you get to heaven you get a jet pack and you get to fly around Jesus." Apparently just the thought of getting a jet pack is worth dying over.
2. About a year ago Camden was wonderful at saying the dinner prayer all by himself. Something happened six months ago, and since then he has asked for help. Well just the last two weeks he has once again returned to praying by himself--with a few new phrases thrown in for good measure. Instead of saying "Please bless the food" Camden instead has inserted "Please pass the food!" He wants to make sure everyone knows that he has first dibs!
3. Today during Sacrament I was trying to keep Camden quiet by telling him stories about Jesus. After we discussed how Jesus healed the blind and the sick, Camden responded in his not so quiet voice with, "Well, when I fall off the stools I have to go to the hospitals." Apparently the faith of this little child is slightly misplaced.
4. After dinner tonight Brent said that he was full and ready to go and lie down in front of the fire and have a massage. Camden decided that that sounded like a grand plan. He hopped up from the table, grabbed my hand and said, "Come on mom we are going to have a massage." I followed along and asked him if he was going to give me a massage. Camden with his sheepish grin responded, "No, Mom! You give ME a massage!" So, here is the picture of me giving Camden a massage. Braden felt bad for me, though, and offered to give me a massage to which Allison didn't want to be left out either and joined in. It's the massage line!
5. When Dryden is crying Camden comforts him with the heart-felt phrase of "You're going to live. You're going to live!" In the same tone you would say "It's all right sweet baby."
Camden also received a new swimming suit this week complete with trunks, shirt and a matching hat. He has lived in it this entire weeks which was fine since it has been so beautiful here. And by living it I mean that he even slept in it. He did have to change his shirt one day while it was being washed since he spilled on it. Pretty funny to see.

Dryden loves to eat whatever we are eating. I am too cheap to buy baby food for him so he is relegated to eating whatever I can mash up for him. He LOVES it and gets very upset if you take it away. I was letting him suck on a piece of cantaloupe at the end of my fork. He was going to town and was quite unhappy when I took it out of his mouth--after all it is a choking hazard!

The most exciting incident in our family occurred yesterday while Brent and Braden were cleaning out the van and changing the oil. Braden was supposed to be picking up all of the garbage in the van. Instead he was getting into something that he certainly should have left alone. All of a sudden Brent heard high pitched screaming. He hopped up and Braden was running back and forth in the van and rubbing his face on the carseat. It took Brent several seconds to ascertain what in the world was going on. Braden sprayed himself with pepper spray!!! It was a nightmare! His face and hands were burning. Thankfully it didn't get in his eyes. We spent 30 minutes washing him and rinsing him down. The residue from the pepper spray even burns. Brent got it on his lip and I had it on the side of my hand and even just that little bit was uncomfortable. Poor Braden still had problems with his hands later that night. It was sad, but a really good learning experience for Braden. We don't touch things that we don't know what they are!

Oh, and Dryden is crawling. He moves both his arms and his legs, although he has so much body weight to carry around that he doesn't go very far or very fast. I'm sure that that will come in time.

And, last but not least, did I mention that we woke up to SNOW this morning!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shauna
    I was looking thru emails trying to find your address (so I could finally send Dryden something) & I saw where you told me you had a family blog. Now why did I not see that before? a little too distracted by Vinyl?? That's probably it!! I wish I had met you & your family sooner..I would have bought so much from you!!!
    You guys have a wonderful family. I've enjoyed reading all about Dryden's adventures & the zoo and everything. Very entertaining!!! I just became a follower of your blog!!!!I'd sure love to have you as one of my followers on santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    Well wanted to let you know I'm sending off Dryden's gift. Since he is growing like a weed and alot older than what I was going to give him..I gave him something he could grow into. I I remember always loving having something at different age levels that was new & not hand me downs. So hope you like it..Hope to connect with you more..I will leave comments on your blog now that I know you are here. Must close..Let me know when you receive this package please..I'm trying to gage how long things take from my house because I'm opening up a store on "Etsy" as well as selling off from my blog in the next few weeks. You'll have to check it out.
    Best to all of you. Take Care..Love Barb
    P.S. Dryden & all your kids are adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love this post! Camden is hilarious, I bet he keeps you laughing all day long! I can't believe how big Dryden is...time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete