Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shark Attacks and Spring!

We LoVE science around here, and we have been studying aquatic animals the past several months. I just had to share the ultimate quote from our science book (the quote actually comes from Sea World which makes it even better!):
Last year, worldwide, 3 people died due to shark attacks; in comparison, 150 people died from coconut strikes, 200 people died due to elephants, and 2 million people died from not washing their hands and contracting bacterial diseases.
So it appears that it might be safer to swim in the ocean than to eat in some cases! I have to say that this little quote made my life so much easier. Since Camden heard this (and to some extent the other children as well) we have had a lot fewer issues with hand washing. Sometimes blessings come wrapped in strange packages!!

And SPRING has finally arrived in full force. Yesterday morning I checked my little dashboard weather icon and it said that the weather was supposed to be 59 and rainy. So, I told my children to dress accordingly. Braden and I chose to wear long sleeves. Well, I don't know whose weather I got, but it sure wasn't our weather. It was something ridiculous like 87, and we were at the zoo!!! Anyway, we are super happy that the trees are in full bloom. Now I just hope that the wild flowers decide to show themselves this year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment