They drove an hour South East to Purtis Creek State Park and there had the best 18 hours ever. They camped and cooked and ate hiked and dug for clams.
I think that Camden's top three list of his favorite things about camping just about sums up the camping trip. Here are his favorites...in order:
- Eating lots of treats.
- Peeing outside with Dad
- Playing with the flashlight
The less adventuresome part of the family--namely Savanna and me--had our own fantastic time. We had Grandma Rigby and Dryden, and we packed up and went out to eat! We followed that up with a rousing movie at home--Despicable Me along with Root Beer Floats and then Savanna was allowed to stay up and read as long as she wanted. I opted for a quiet night of sewing. I don't sleep well when I'm pregnant, and I especially don't sleep well when Brent is gone.
There was a lot of fun had by all. All of the kids were EXHAUSTED the next day which was bad for Allison, Savanna and Camden who had opted to get themselves some "Gymnastics Fun." This requires a whole entire story in and of itself. Braden had been talking about buying his Wave multi tool and was trying to talk Camden into saving up his money and getting one as well. Camden had just returned from Gymnastics class where they had told him about the upcoming Parent's Night Out where they would be having all kinds of fun. Camden came home ecstatic by the prospect of going. He told Braden over and over that he wasn't buying a multi tool because he was getting himself gymnastics fun. Allison and Savanna decided to go along. All at the steep price of $20 a kid!
Their night of fun began at 7pm and didn't end until 11pm that night. It was two nights of little sleep for all of them.
Braden decided to save his money for his multi tool and instead spent the evening at home glued to the xbox. I don't think he moved a muscle for 4 solid hours. I even made a root beer float for him which he gulped half down and RAN back to the xbox. Someone is just a bit addicted I believe. It was an amusing weekend to say the least.
And my favorite story about their camping trip: After finishing a delicious breakfast of hot chocolate and oatmeal, Brent and the kids decide to go for a little hike. Well, probably more Dad decided than the kids. As they are starting out on the trail they can smell everyone else's breakfast feast which included such favorites as pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon. The kids weren't so pleased with their hot chocolate and oatmeal anymore!



No comments:
Post a Comment