Sunday, January 31, 2010

Something Interesting...









I know something interesting has happened around this house in the past week...just don't know what it was! Dryden is now 4 months old. He just started rolling over, but all in one week he mastered the front to back roll as well as the back to front roll. It shouldn't be too long and he will put the two together and there will be no stopping the little fellow! He also managed to force out a laugh or two, but you really have to work at those. He has also passed the 16lb mark. Now if we could just pass the sleeping more than three hours mark, I would be most excited!

Camden and Dryden have been sick this last week and it has been very sad. Camden has been by far the worse of the two. I have been fighting it off with Zinc tablets and I think that that has made a remarkable difference in the severity of Dryden's illness. It is definitely sad to see your little babies not feeling well. Since Dryden hasn't been feeling well he hasn't been sleeping even less than normal. I was very thankful that Brent was able to stay home from work on Friday and help out with the kids. He even took Allison to her art class for me. The only downside was that he came home with an XBox. I dislike it already. The kids are only allowed to play it on Saturday so at least I only have to deal with it one day a week.

Yesterday was the kids' first Karate tournament. It was a very good experience for each one of the kids. Savanna pressed through her intense fear and finally suppressed the tears enough to win third place in her Kata. I was so very proud of her for continuing even though she was so scared. In sparring she placed second. Allison also did an amazing job. She tied for first place in her Kata and was third in sparring. And then there is Braden Jon. He practiced so very hard and did such a good job. He didn't place in anything, but I was impressed that he was able to learn the entire Kata. I don't think that I could have! They each came home with a trophy and were treated to Cici's pizza afterward. Brent and I just came away with stomach issues. We vowed two years ago to never eat at Cici's pizza again. We broke that rule and suffered the dire consequences. I don't know what it is about their food...but be forewarned!

We did have a grand opening at our house this past week. The girls have set up a spa where they offer an array of services. They give manicures and pedicures, hand and neck massages, facials and will even fix your hair. And it is very reasonably priced!!! They only charge the boys a penny. Brent and I have to pay a little more, but it is worth it for the complete pampered experience! It is very cute. They have their room all set up with mood lighting and soft music--but you had better enjoy opera because that is all they seem to play right now! Just be prepared if you come to visit to leave with a new hairstyle and brightly painted nails!

2 comments:

  1. I might have to check myself into the girls' spa next time I'm having a bad day - I can afford that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dryden is getting SO big! They are too cute! I'm glad they are enjoying karate (well, at least 2 of the 3!) and the spa is too cute! Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete