Sunday, August 1, 2010

The funny things Kids say!

Camden is a pretty funny little guy. Here are a few of our favorite sayings. I really should do a lot better about recording them regularly as these happened a while ago, and I can't remember them all!

The scene: Camden has to go to the bathroom (big surprise) while we are out shopping. When this occurs he has to go in the women's restroom. There are only two stalls and one is occupied. After Camden pushes, pulls and pounds on the door of the occupied stall he decides that he will use the empty one. As he is taking care of his business he is carrying on this conversation with me as I am standing over by the sinks which are quite a ways away in this case.

Camden: "Mom, do you have orange shoes?"
Mom: "No Camden, I do not have orange shoes."
Camden: "But, I really like orange shoes? Do you have orange on your shoes?"
Mom: "No Camden, I do not have orange on my shoes."
Camden: "But those are really nice orange shoes [pause] Whose orange shoes are they?"
-------------------

During Family Home Evening we frequently have the kids recite the various poems, stories or facts that they have been memorizing. The girls had memorized The Charge of the Light Brigade and Braden had memorized a poem entitled The Caterpillar. Well, after they had recited, and we had applauded Camden decided it was his turn. He started out with his ABC's and then moved on and recited Braden's poem--just as well as Braden did! Camden loved the applause so much that for the next several days he would frequently ask me to listen to his recitations. Once I was not fast enough on the applause and he exclaimed "Mom, do the clapping part!"
-------------------

Braden too has had some funny moments. The best just came out of the blue one day.
Braden: "Mom when Dad dies what will you do?"
Mom: (wondering where this train of thought is coming from but thinking it is a good opportunity to talk about the Plan of Salvation) "I will be very sad and miss him, but because we have been sealed in the temple I know that we will be a family forever."
Braden: (completely oblivious to the fact that I have even responded at all to him) "I guess you'll have to get a new husband!"
Mom: (Trying not to gag on mouthful of water that I had at the moment) "HUH??"
Braden: (looking at me like I'm a complete idiot, and since I can't even understand the simplest of conversation he will explain his very logical thinking very slowly to me) "I guess that you will have to marry someone else. [after a very short pause] I will miss the old dad, but I think that I can get used to the new one."

what do you say to that?
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment