Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Gymnastics for Camden
Camden has been so excited to go to "School." For weeks he has been asking when school starts. I'm not sure where he got the mistaken notion that gymnastics is anything like public school. Oh well. Camden had THE BEST time ever. He was attentive and obedient and followed the directions to the letter. It was such a startling difference to the first time that I took Braden to gymnastics, but that is another story! Camden takes after Savanna and is quite shy. He wouldn't look at me the entire time and wouldn't really talk to his coach. He was having a great time, but he was too shy to show how much he enjoyed it. He has a little friend from church in his class who is almost exactly a year younger than Camden, but they still have a great time together. At the end of class I asked Camden if he wanted to come back again next week. Camden looked at me kind of startled and shook his head no. I was completely stunned because I could tell that he loved it. After I repeated the question and received the same response I probed further into his reasonings for not wanting to come back. Camden's response: "I don't want to come back next week. I want to stay and have another class NOW!" It was so sweet.
It is so nice to see Camden have an activity that he enjoys so much, and I was relieved that Camden chose gymnastics over Karate. I had committed to joining karate with Camden if he chose that route. Thankfully I am off the hook and don't have to be hot and sweaty any time soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment