My poor little (well I guess not so little) guy had to have surgery yesterday. It really isn't too serious of a procedure, but Braden has issues with the anesthesia. I really didn't worry about Braden too much other than he was pretty nervous about it. My concerns were more for Dryden who had to be left home for 7 hours. By far the longest I have ever left him. He did great too, though. I shouldn't have worried one bit.
Here is the before picture of Braden:

Visions of his new xbox game are dancing in his head. He can hardly wait!
Once we arrived at the children's center the staff was excellent at making Braden feel comfortable. They started by giving him children's valium and tylenol with codine. The effects on Braden were hilarious. He was dizzy and very uncoordinated. He could barely even wave, and when Brent was helping him in the bathroom Braden was completely unable to wash his hands. It was still very sad to watch him being wheeled away. It brought back all of the memories from his kidney surgery when he was 15 months. That was AWFUL! Thankfully we weren't going through that all over.


All Braden wanted to do after the surgery was sleep. He wasn't even able to eat one of the way cool rainbow popsicles that they had. (He felt pretty bad about that afterwards). The anesthesia made him pretty ill, but they have wonderful medicine that takes care of that. Sure wish I would have had some of that stuff when I was pregnant!!

Braden roused himself sufficiently to get released from the outpatient center. We were all happy to be going home. Braden was even looking really good for a while. He was well enough to walk into Best Buy up in Plano and pick out a new Star Wars X-Box game. However, the nausea set back in, and he was feeling pretty icky the rest of the way home.

Thankfully yesterday is over and today you would never know that Braden even had surgery! Hooray! And, as the Dr. said before we left, "Before too long he will be a straight shooter again!" That will make us all happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment